Contact Us | 1300 00 IVET
Portal Login
Book a demo
Home / Courses / Health Services / HLT33021 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance

Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance

This qualification is designed for those seeking to become Allied Health Assistants in the aged care, disability, and other health sectors. The program prepares new workers to provide assistance to Allied Health Professionals (AHP) under their supervision and delegation, which may take the form of direct, indirect, or remote supervision. 

To successfully complete the qualification, candidates must fulfil a practical requirement of at least 120 hours of clinical placement, as outlined in the Assessment Requirements of the relevant units of competency. At least 60% of this work must be carried out in an allied health workplace. The remaining 40% may be carried out in a simulated environment if an allied health workplace is unavailable. The clinical placement provides valuable hands-on experience in a clinical setting, enabling students to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become effective Allied Health Assistants. 

Upon completion of the program, students will have the foundational knowledge and practical experience to pursue a career as an Allied Health Assistant. They will be equipped with the skills to support Allied Health Professionals in delivering high-quality care to patients in a range of community and healthcare settings.

IVET has developed a simulated online clinic to enhance learning outcomes for students pursuing a career in health. The simulated online clinic workplace, referred to as the ‘IVET Super Clinic’, is purpose-built to provide students with access to typical workplace documents for reference. 

Throughout the learning process, the IVET Super Clinic is an integral part of both the learning and assessment processes. Students will have the opportunity to practice and apply the skills they have acquired in a simulated workplace, enabling them to gain confidence and proficiency before entering a real workplace.
Download Course Guide

Learning Areas

  • Personal organisation
  • Workplace health & safety
  • Workplace information and technology
  • Working and communicating with health
  • Working with diversity
  • Client service
  • Managing behaviours of concern
  • Infection prevention and control
  • Assisting with movement
  • Medical terminology
  • Healthy body systems

Job Opportunities

  • Therapy Assistant/Aide
  • Allied Health Assistant
  • Speech Pathology Assistant
  • Physiotherapy Assistant
  • Podiatry Assistant

The Health Services pathway

Students who complete one of our Health Services courses can progress to further VET studies, or seek entry into Higher Education.
Certificate II in Health Support Services
(2 years)
Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance  (2 years)
Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance
Higher Education at

All our courses include:

State of the art online assessment portal (IVET Connect)
Teacher resources
RTO assessment materials
Scored assessment advice and practice exams
Learner resources for all students in electronic and hard copy
Lesson plans
One to one personalised service
Professional Development activities for teachers
Learn More

Keep up with Education News

Contact Us | 1300 00 IVET