Information Digital Media and Technology
FSK20113 – Certificate II in Skills For Work and Vocational Pathways
This qualification is ideal for students who require further foundation skills development in order to prepare for workforce entry or to undertake a vocational training pathway.
It is suitable for individuals who require:
- a pathway to employment or vocational training
- reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 3
- entry level digital literacy and employability skills
- a vocational training and employment plan.
IVET’s Foundation Skills program comprises some of the most common competencies required for workforce’s entry and/or further vocational studies.
- Reading and interpreting routine workplace information
- Routine workplace writing tasks
- Common workplace measurements and calculations
- Workplace health and safety
- Working with others
- Workplace communication
- Basic problem solving
- Operating basic digital devices
- Strategies for workplace learning
This preparatory course develops the skills required to enter the workforce in entry-level positions in a variety of industries that afford pathways without formal qualifications or other entry requirements.
Alternatively, it may be used as a bridging course to progress to further (vocational) education and training to in turn pathway into employment in a particular industry that might have more formal requirements.
foundation skills pathway
Certificate II in Skills For Work and Vocational Pathways
A Certificate II or Certificate III in a Vocational discipline